1/1 Photo of Pineapple, Beef and Mandarin Salad
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living issue 12 2007. Resting time (5 minutes) not included.
My Private Note
light m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g pineapple (fresh chopped - 2 cups)
- 2 mandarin oranges (medium, peeled and segmented, or 220 gram container mandarin segments in natural juices, drained)
- 1 red capsicum (small chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 300 g beef sirloin steaks (trimmed of excess fat)
- 80 g salad leaves (mixed)
- 1To make the salsa, in a medium bowl combine the pineapple, mandarin segments, capsicum, lime juice and 1 teaspoon oil, set aside.
- 2Sprinkle steak seasoning over the steak.
- 3Heat the remaining oil in a medium, non-stick frying pan on medium-high.
- 4Add the steak and cook for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked to your liking, this could also depend on the thickness of your steak.
- 5Transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 6Divide the salad leaves among the serving plates.
- 7Thinly slice the steak across the grain and divide between the the 2 plates with salad leaves and then top with the salsa and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple, Beef and Mandarin Salad
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.7
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 100.5 mg
- Sodium 84.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 30.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: