From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living issue 12 2007. Resting time (5 minutes) not included.
Make and share this Pineapple, Beef and Mandarin Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 250 g pineapple (fresh chopped - 2 cups)
- 2 mandarin oranges (medium, peeled and segmented, or 220 gram container mandarin segments in natural juices, drained)
- 1 red capsicum (small chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 300 g beef sirloin steaks (trimmed of excess fat)
- 80 g salad leaves (mixed)
- To make the salsa, in a medium bowl combine the pineapple, mandarin segments, capsicum, lime juice and 1 teaspoon oil, set aside.
- Sprinkle steak seasoning over the steak.
- Heat the remaining oil in a medium, non-stick frying pan on medium-high.
- Add the steak and cook for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked to your liking, this could also depend on the thickness of your steak.
- Transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide the salad leaves among the serving plates.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain and divide between the the 2 plates with salad leaves and then top with the salsa and serve.