1 hr 5 mins
This cake is really delicious and comes together very quickly. If you are unable to get self-raising flour, substitute regular all-purpose flour and add 1 tsp. of baking powder for every half cup used. From Australian Women's Weekly Cakes and Slices Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 450 g crushed pineapple in syrup
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1To make the topping: Combine the brown sugar, flour and coconut in a bowl.
- 2Cut in the butter until crumbly and set aside until needed.
- 3To make the cake, grease a 10" tube pan, line the base with parchment paper and grease.
- 4Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup syrup.
- 5Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 6Beat in the eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
- 7Stir in alternately the flour and the reserved syrup, making two additions of each.
- 8Spread half the cake mixture evenly over the base of the prepared pan, top with the well-drained pineapple and half the topping.
- 9Spread with the remaining cake mixture and sprinkle with the remaining topping.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees F for about 50 minutes and let stand 5 minutes before turning on to a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Cake With Crunch Coconut Topping
Serving Size: 1 (1269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3839.2
- Calories from Fat 1824
- Total Fat 202.7 g
- Saturated Fat 127.9 g
- Cholesterol 882.4 mg
- Sodium 3922.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 477.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 284.2 g
- Protein 42.3 g