Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This cake is really delicious and comes together very quickly. If you are unable to get self-raising flour, substitute regular all-purpose flour and add 1 tsp. of baking powder for every half cup used. From Australian Women's Weekly Cakes and Slices Cookbook.
- To make the topping: Combine the brown sugar, flour and coconut in a bowl.
- Cut in the butter until crumbly and set aside until needed.
- To make the cake, grease a 10" tube pan, line the base with parchment paper and grease.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup syrup.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
- Stir in alternately the flour and the reserved syrup, making two additions of each.
- Spread half the cake mixture evenly over the base of the prepared pan, top with the well-drained pineapple and half the topping.
- Spread with the remaining cake mixture and sprinkle with the remaining topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 50 minutes and let stand 5 minutes before turning on to a wire rack to cool.