Sara 76's Note:
These are easy to make, and totally delicious! From the January 2009 issue of "recipes +" magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 225 g crushed pineapple, well drained (reserve juice)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 90 g butter, melted
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C Spray a 12 hole muffin tray with cooking oil.
- 2Sift flour into large bowl; add sugar and stir to combine. Make well in centre. Combine milk, reserved juice, egg and butter in a jug; pour into well. Add pineapple. Using a large metal spoon, stir until just combined.
- 3Spoon mixture into prepared holes. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes. Lift muffins to a wire rack.
- 4When cool, spread muffins with icing; sprinkle with coconut.
- 6Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in essence.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple & Coconut Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.3
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 47.2 mg
- Sodium 394.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: