Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are easy to make, and totally delicious! From the January 2009 issue of "recipes +" magazine.
- cooking spray
- 2 1⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 225 g crushed pineapple, well drained (reserve juice)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 90 g butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 125 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 -3 drops coconut essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C Spray a 12 hole muffin tray with cooking oil.
- Sift flour into large bowl; add sugar and stir to combine. Make well in centre. Combine milk, reserved juice, egg and butter in a jug; pour into well. Add pineapple. Using a large metal spoon, stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared holes. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes. Lift muffins to a wire rack.
- When cool, spread muffins with icing; sprinkle with coconut.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in essence.