1 hr 8 mins
I saw this on Martha this morning wanted to post it before I lost it or forgot about it. I can't wait to try this. Recipe from "My Vue," by Shannon Bennett
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the chocolate ganache
For the souffle molds
For the creme patissiere
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 1/4 cup pistachio paste
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
For the meringue
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1Prepare ganache: Place cream in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil. Place chocolate in a medium bowl. Pour cream over chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted. Transfer to freezer until frozen, about 1 1/2 hours. Using an ice cream scoop, evenly divide chocolate into 6 portions, place portions on a plate or small baking sheet, and return to freezer.
- 2Prepare the molds: Butter six 1-cup aluminum dariole molds; coat with grated chocolate. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3Prepare creme patissiere: Combine milk, vanilla bean, and seeds in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove vanilla bean and discard. Whisk in pistachio paste.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, egg yolks, flour, and cornstarch. Slowly add a quarter of the milk mixture to the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the remaining milk mixture. Place saucepan over medium heat, and cook, whisking until thick and smooth, about 2 minutes. Place 1/4 cup creme patissiere in a medium bowl, whisk until completely cooled, and set aside. Reserve remaining creme patissiere for another use.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare meringue: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites until foamy. Continue beating while slowly adding superfine sugar. Beat until shiny stiff peaks form.
- 6Fold one quarter of the meringue into the creme patissiere. Continue folding in meringue in 3 batches. Spoon mixture into prepared molds filling about three-quarters full. Place 1 cube of frozen ganache in the center and continue filling molds with batter until completely full. Bake until souffles rise, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 7Using an immersion blender, froth creme anglaise. Divide creme anglaise evenly between 6 warm serving bowls. Invert each souffle into the center of the bowl; serve immediately.
- 8***Creme Anglaise***.
- 9Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside.
- 10Combine milk, vanilla seeds, and cream in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 11In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until pale and thickened. Remove milk mixture from heat, and while whisking the yolk mixture, slowly add milk. When thoroughly combined, transfer the mixture back to the saucepan. Cook, stirring until mixture coats the back of a spoon, 3 to 6 minutes.
- 12Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a medium bowl set over the ice-water bath. Continue stirring mixture until cooled. Creme anglaise may be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Souffles With Soft Chocolate Centers
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.4
- Calories from Fat 439
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 515.7 mg
- Sodium 150.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 50.5 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: