This is a very easy healthy desert, perfect for someone who's lactose intolerant. It's very easy to put together. My guest were impress on how easy it was to put together. I serve them in martini glasses
- Remove seeds from plum and place the plums with syrup in a blender or food processor puree the plums.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the vanilla puree the mixture,.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer proof dish.
- Chill for eight hours or overnight.
- When your ready to serve scrape the granita with a fork to lighten the texture and serve it in chilled bowls.
GREAT TASTING DESSERT, & ever so easy to prepare, too! The 2 of us enjoyed it all by ourselves, & now I'm anxious to make it when we have company over! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #37]
The kids loved this, though I found it a bit over-sweet. I used a fork to beat the mixture a few times as it froze for a more Italian Ice type texture because the kids complain if frozen treats are crunchy rather than smooth. And after a couple days I used the last of it to make smoothies/milkshakes for a kid with a fever who wasn't up to eating. He's scarfing that down happily. I'll try it again another time frozen in popsicle molds.
I love this. It couldn't be easier (I used my immersion blender)and is SO refreshing. I suspect this will be a star entry in a Frozen Treats cookbook I shall start. THANKS for posting it!