1/1 Photo of Poached Prawns/Shrimp With Chilli Limes and Sugar
Love prawns and chilli and this recipe looks good from Australian Good Food. Have not included marination time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg prawns (king raw or green)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 chili (birdseye seeded and thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil (or peanut oil)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 kaffir lime leaves (finely sliced)
- 3 chilies (small dried)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind (finely grated)
- 1Cook prawns in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes until just cooked and drain and then refresh in iced water and drain again.
- 2Peel prawns, leavig tail intact and remove veins.
- 3Using a mortar and pestle pound garlic, chilli and half of sugar until a coarse paste forms and then transfer to a bowl.
- 4Add lime or lemon juice, oil and fish sauce and mix to combine.
- 5Pour over prawns and toss to combine and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
- 6Place kaffir lime leaves and whole dried chillies in a small frying pan on high heat and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant and then cool.
- 7Transfer to a mortar, add remaining sugar and lemon rind and use a pestle to pound until roughly ground.
- 8Scatter over prawns to serve.
Browse Our Top Australian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Prawns/Shrimp With Chilli Limes and Sugar
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.9
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 210.0 mg
- Sodium 2344.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves