Love prawns and chilli and this recipe looks good from Australian Good Food. Have not included marination time.
- 1 kg prawns (king raw or green)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 chili (birdseye seeded and thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil (or peanut oil)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 kaffir lime leaves (finely sliced)
- 3 chilies (small dried)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind (finely grated)
- Cook prawns in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes until just cooked and drain and then refresh in iced water and drain again.
- Peel prawns, leavig tail intact and remove veins.
- Using a mortar and pestle pound garlic, chilli and half of sugar until a coarse paste forms and then transfer to a bowl.
- Add lime or lemon juice, oil and fish sauce and mix to combine.
- Pour over prawns and toss to combine and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
- Place kaffir lime leaves and whole dried chillies in a small frying pan on high heat and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant and then cool.
- Transfer to a mortar, add remaining sugar and lemon rind and use a pestle to pound until roughly ground.
- Scatter over prawns to serve.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. We really enjoyed these quick and easy to make <br/>shrimp. What a terrific dish, sweet, tart, tangy and spicy with a little hit of heat. I can`t wait to make these again.