1/1 Photo of Pork and Cranberry Sausage Rolls
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Sounds delicious; sounds SO easy: found this recipe in today's 'Herald Sun Sunday magazine' and just had to post it here for safe-keeping! LOVE sage - and I'll most probably add rosemary to the sage as I have a nifty Rosemary and Sage grinder and I've discovered that these two work just SO well together. I'm planning on making these for over the Christmas break. And I'll certainly be adding minced garlic. UPDATE: since two reviewers have found that their sausage rolls were slightly burnt on the bottoms, if you know your oven is inclined to be perhaps hotter than some other ovens, perhaps cook them at a slightly lower temperature even if they take a bit longer to cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces ground pork (for Americans) or 500 g pork mince (for Australians)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sage leaves, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 sheets puff pastry, halved
- 1 egg, extra, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°-450°F/7-8 gas mark.
- 2Place the ground pork/pork mince, breadcrumbs, cranberry sauce, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- 3Place 1/2 of the mixture along the middle of each pastry half and roll up to enclose, seam-side down.
- 4Cut the rolls into pieces and place on baking trays lined with non-stick paper; brush with extra egg and sprinkle with the fennel seeds.
- 5Bake for 25 minutes or until the sausage rolls are golden and cooked through.
- 6TIP: uncooked rolls can be frozen for up to three months. Defrost them in the fridge before cooking.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Cranberry Sausage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1005.2
- Calories from Fat 591
- Total Fat 65.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 116.5 mg
- Sodium 565.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: