Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My friend, Karen, gave me this recipe. I think it could also work with chicken fillets. If when you are ready to eat, there is too much sauce, turn up the heat and boil some off. The sauce, when cooked down, makes a lovely caramel golden brown sauce on the fillets. Because the sauce is rich, I usually serve the meals with plain mashed potatoes and a fresh green vegetable.
- 1 large pork fillet
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- orange juice
- 1 teaspoon of grated orange peel
- Butterfly the fillets. These need to be big if one is to feed two people as they skrink.
- Toss lightly in flour.
- Fry gently in butter and oil.
- When browned put all the fillets into a large frying pan, add orange juice to half cover, some slivers of orange peel, the ginger and brown sugar. Combine all together and poach gently for about 20 minutes.
My husband and I enjoyed this recipe very much. It is incredibly simple and delicious!