Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was born of leftover filling from Spinners beautiful Spicy Roast Chicken Spicy Roast Chicken that we ate last night. Not liking to waste the yummy filling, this is what I came up with. We ate it as an appetiser tonight, but it would be good as part of an Asian style banquet.
- 1 large iceberg lettuce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250 g pork mince
- 1 small red chile, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 small carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Core the lettuce, and carefully seperate the leaves to form cups.
- Wash and dry gently and store in the fridge in a plastic bag to crisp while you make the filling.
- FILLING Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan, and cook the onion until softened-about 5 minutes, then add the mince and chilli and cook until the colour changes-a further 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss for another couple of minutes to heat through.
- Serve in the lettuce cups (rolling them up like rice paper rolls) with a little extra chopped fresh coriander and oystersauce if you wish.