Cook1 hr 30 mins
I think this is a Russell original! He made this for dinner last night, and I wanted to write it down as it was very good. Leftovers cut really well for sandwiches this morning too.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl-I find this easier with clean hands.
- Place in a greased loaf tin and bake in a moderate (180c/350f) oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cover for first 1 1/4 hours with aluminum foil, then remove foil for final 15 minutes.
- Drain away any liquid at this time too.
- Allow to rest in the tin for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Nice served with Evelyn/Athens Onion, Apricot and Raisin Relish.
We really enjoyed this meatloaf, first time I've made one out of just ground pork. Very happy with it, especially the orange/sage taste. The pork, orange and sage really complimented each other. It sliced beautifully and the left overs will make great sandwiches for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for sharing a good one!!
Hi Jan, Well done Russell ! it's a great recipe, Economical and easy :) I didn't have fresh sage leaf so put in a very heaped tablespoon of dried, and I also put in all the juice of the orange as our 2 .5 year old would reject orange peel. I did have a somewhat similar recipe for meatloaf that also had sage in it, but HUbby says this one is even better, and I'd have to agree. It's going in my "favourite" recipe selection for sure! Thanks :) ...andria :)
When i have tried meatloaf in the past the result has been underwhelming. This is the first time that i have made a meatloaf recipe that has turned out totally yummy. The flavour is really delicate, and it is very tender. Very good with roast potatoes and roast vegetables.