3 hrs 30 mins
Our favourite pork roast
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 140 C (280 F).
- 2Brown pork all over in oil in casserole dish.
- 3Transfer pork to plate.
- 4Fry onion slowly in same pan.
- 5Pour off excess oil, leaving onion behind.
- 6Return pork to dish.
- 7Add remaining ingredients and season with pepper.
- 8Bring to boil, cover and transfer to oven.
- 9Cook for around 3 hours turning occasionally until meat is very tender, and cooked through.
- 10Set pork aside.
- 11Skim as much fat as you can from juices, strain.
- 12Slice the pork thickly and drizzle with a little of the cooking juices.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Roast With Port, Star Anise, Ginger and Tamarind
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.2
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 160.0 mg
- Sodium 805.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 55.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: