Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Our favourite pork roast
Make and share this Pork Roast With Port, Star Anise, Ginger and Tamarind recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 140 C (280 F).
- Brown pork all over in oil in casserole dish.
- Transfer pork to plate.
- Fry onion slowly in same pan.
- Pour off excess oil, leaving onion behind.
- Return pork to dish.
- Add remaining ingredients and season with pepper.
- Bring to boil, cover and transfer to oven.
- Cook for around 3 hours turning occasionally until meat is very tender, and cooked through.
- Set pork aside.
- Skim as much fat as you can from juices, strain.
- Slice the pork thickly and drizzle with a little of the cooking juices.