1/2 Photos of Pork Spring Rolls
Great finger food for a gathering. Serve with sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce. I have found that if you want to make them the day before, they will soften up, just pop them in a medium heat oven for about 20 minutes and they will be nice and crispy. To make this easy, chop all ingredients in a food processor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g pork mince
- 1 1/2 cups Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 225 g water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped (cilantro)
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 20 (12 1/2 cm) spring roll wrappers (thawed)
- deep frying oil
- 1Mix together, in a large bowl, pork mince, cabbage, onion, coriander, sambal oelek, garlic and ginger.
- 2Using one spring roll sheet at a time, place approximately 2 tablespoons of mix just in from one corner.
- 3Brush edges with water, fold over corner near mix, then 2 outside corners. Roll up fairly tightly to enclose filling.
- 4Repeat with the rest of the spring roll sheets.
- 5Heat oil in wok or deep fryer. (It will be hot enough when a cube of bread sizzles when added.).
- 6Deep-fry spring rolls 4 or 5 at a time for 5-8 minutes or until lightly golden.
- 7Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- 8Serve immediately with your choice of dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (962 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 16.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spring roll wrappers