From Australian Better Homes and Gardens. Alcoholic or non-alcoholic cider is suitable for this recipe. If you use alcoholic cider, add it to the pan before thickening and boil rapidly to evaporate the alcohol. Mix the cornflour with 1 tablespoon water and stir into the cider.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the pork. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until tender, turning once during cooking. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the ginger to the pan, stirring and scraping with a wooden spoon.
- Place 1 tablespoon cider in a small bowl, add the cornflour and stir until smooth. Add the remaining cider, mix well, and add to the pan.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring for 2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and reduced. Stir in the chives.
- Pour the sauce over the steaks and serve with steamed vegetables and creamy mashed potatoe sprinkled with extra chives.