1/1 Photo of Pork Steaks With Cider Ginger Sauce
From Australian Better Homes and Gardens. Alcoholic or non-alcoholic cider is suitable for this recipe. If you use alcoholic cider, add it to the pan before thickening and boil rapidly to evaporate the alcohol. Mix the cornflour with 1 tablespoon water and stir into the cider.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the pork. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until tender, turning once during cooking. Remove and keep warm.
- 2Add the ginger to the pan, stirring and scraping with a wooden spoon.
- 3Place 1 tablespoon cider in a small bowl, add the cornflour and stir until smooth. Add the remaining cider, mix well, and add to the pan.
- 4Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring for 2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and reduced. Stir in the chives.
- 5Pour the sauce over the steaks and serve with steamed vegetables and creamy mashed potatoe sprinkled with extra chives.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Steaks With Cider Ginger Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 33.4
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pork butterfly steaks