Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A chicken burger flavored with chilie's, ginger and topped with provolone cheese. This is a popular dish, and originated at Bondi Beach, Australia. I'm posting this for the Zaar Tour #5.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 jalapeno peppers (seeded & chopped)
- 2 lemons (juice)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (minced)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Thinly filet the chicken breasts.
- In a metal mixing bowl, combine chilies,lemon juice ginger,oil,paprika,garlicsugar and chili flakes, stir quickly.
- Spoon half of the sauce into a separate bowl and set aside for later.
- Add the chicken breasts to the remaining chili sauce, refrigerate for 1 hours.
- Lightly dredge breasts in flour/salt mixture one by one.
- Pan fry chicken for several minutes on each side.
- Dress buns with mayonnaie, lettuce,chicken, provolone cheese and spoon some of the remaining chili sauce on top.
i think you were trying to do francesinha, which is a sandwich with all kinds of meat inside (grilled beef, ham, sausage) and cheese, and then covered with cheese and a spicy tomatoe and whisky and beer sauce. This is made in the north of Portugal. I have never seen chicken burgers served like this and they are not that popular anyway. The francesinha, as the name says (little french) comes initially from the croque monsieur, a french well-known sandwich. See on wikipedia about francesinha. Anyway, this should be a nice dish:)
Originally rated on 5/15/09 - This recipe made it into my book#266453. FANTASTIC. Wow, this recipe really worked for us. I'm already wanting to make them again. I sliced the chicken breasts in half lengthwise and marinated them for about an hour. I used Spanish paprika. The only thing I omitted was the provolone cheese. The chicken burger is perfectly spicy and contrasts beautifully with the mayo, which helps to cool it down. I didn't add extra chili sauce to the top, because I thought it was already perfect. For those who like more spice, pile on that chili sauce! I loved how the outside of the chicken got a bit crispy. This is such an easy recipe to prepare and it packs great flavor! Try it!! ~Made for ZWT 5~
This was really good, however the sauce was really thin and difficult to taste. I think I'll marinate the meat for longer next time and see if it gives more flavor. I used smoked Spanish paprika. Made for my teammate on ZWT5: The Epicurean Queens.