Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
It's cold and you want something warm and yummy to eat.. then this is the soup for you. It's definitely a family lover!!
- Place bacon in large heavy saucepan and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until crisp and golden. Remove from pan and drain on absorbent paper.
- Melt butter in pan and cook onions, celery, and thyme over a low heat for 4-5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Return bacon to pan, then stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and gradually add blended stock. Bring to the boil then reduce heat. Add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in sour cream and and parsley. Return to heat and cook without boiling, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.