Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
It's cold and you want something warm and yummy to eat.. then this is the soup for you. It's definitely a family lover!!
- Place bacon in large heavy saucepan and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until crisp and golden. Remove from pan and drain on absorbent paper.
- Melt butter in pan and cook onions, celery, and thyme over a low heat for 4-5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Return bacon to pan, then stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and gradually add blended stock. Bring to the boil then reduce heat. Add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in sour cream and and parsley. Return to heat and cook without boiling, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.