Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A really tasty pie dish that works well as a side to some marinated chicken wings and salad.
Make and share this Potato & Bacon Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large red potatoes, sliced thinly
- 4 slices bacon, chopped with fat removed
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- Heat oven to 180 degrees celcius on a fan forced oven.
- Briefly pan fry the bacon and onion.
- In a square pie dish place the 2 sheets of puff pastry so they overlap and cover all 4 corners.
- Layer with potato, half the bacon, half the onion, half the cheese and a pinch of the herbs assembled.
- Repeat with the remainder of the ingredients leaving the rest of the cheese to go on last.
- Pour the milk over the pie.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes (but remove the foil half way through the cooking process).
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.