1/1 Photo of Potato, Egg and Corn Salad With Buttermilk
Anita Redhead's Note:
A delicious potato salad. It goes well with a green salad on the side for vegetarians, or as a side dish with chicken or meat. You can prepare the potatoes and eggs ahead of time, but using them warm is nice too. If sweet corn isn't in season, use a can of kernels, well drained. Additions for non-vegetarians: salmon, tuna, or a little chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice the potatoes into smallish cubes. Cook and drain, allow to cool.
- 2While the potatoes cook, hard boil two eggs, allow to cool.
- 3Remove the sweetcorn kernels from cob, if you're using fresh corn.
- 4Slice the garlic.
- 5Fry the garlic and corn kernels in the oil for 2-3 minutes, remove from heat.
- 6Peel and slice the eggs.
- 7Slice the shallots.
- 8Into a salad bowl place the potatoes, eggs, corn mixture, shallots, cashews, spices, buttermilk and mayonnaise.
- 9Mix, and serve with green salad and tomatoes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato, Egg and Corn Salad With Buttermilk
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.7
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 144.3 mg
- Sodium 249.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: