Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this in a magazine. I have not tried it yet.
Make and share this Potato, Leek & Ham Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, washed and peeled
- 1 kg potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 liter water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- 375 ml evaporated milk, low fat
- 100 g lean ham, sliced
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add leek and potatoes. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add combined vegetable stock powder and water to pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place mixtrure in food processor, and process until smooth.
- Return soup to pan and bring to the boil. Stir in evaporated milk and add ham. Simmer for 1 minute. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Stir in parsley before serving.
This was a very tasty soup, quick and easy to throw together. We didn't puree the soup, it was perfect as it was...(personal preference only). The soup was very comforting and satisfying. I don't like evaporated milk so used 1% and a little hard cream, it worked beautifully. The soup was rich and creamy. Thanks so much for sharing this treat.
Aussie Swap#24: Super easy and very flavorful!! Wonderful reheated too!!
This was easy and fast. I don't know if I'd bother to cook (saute?) the potatoes and leeks in the oil first - just boil then simmer in the water might be ok. I used my immersion blender - there were still a few chunks of potato left in the final soup. Yummy stuff!