This mightn't please the people who only like potato in their potato salad, but this pleases my family.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the potato cubes, and cook until tender, but not soft and mushy!
- This usually takes about 12 minutes after they return to the boil.
- After about 8 minutes, add the peas, and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frypan, and cook the onion and bacon for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the cooked, drained potatoes and peas, the chopped eggs, and the sour cream and mayo.
- Mix gently but thoroughly until combined.
- We prefer to eat this immediately, but you can cool and chill it.
- I also occasionally add chopped dill pickles and fresh dill.