1/5 Photos of Potato Salad With Mustard Dressing and Bacon
1 hr 5 mins
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
This is not your typical potato salad. This makes a lot, but it can be easily reduced. It is also just as good, if not better the next day. This will make a wet salad. If you prefer a drier potato salad increase the amount of potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup coarse grain mustard or 1/2 cup mustard, your favorite
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb bacon
- 5 lbs white potatoes, peeled if desired, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 4 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups red onions, chopped
- 9 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1Whisk mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar and garlic in medium bowl to blend.
- 2Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Cover, chill.
- 4Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp.
- 5Drain on paper towels.
- 7Boil potatoes in large pot until just tender.
- 8Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- 9Cool for 15 minutes or so.
- 10Mix bacon, celery, green and red onions, eggs and dressing into potatoes.
- 11Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- 13Note: I usually hold back about ¾ cup of the dressing to toss with salad just before serving.
- 14While chilling the potatoes soak up a good bit of the dressing and if not careful it can become dry. If this happens just moisten with a small amount of milk and stir to encorporate.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Salad With Mustard Dressing and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.0
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 173.2 mg
- Sodium 1037.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard