3 hrs 10 mins
My mother made this every summer, around Christmas time. It actually makes quite a lot, and is quite rich, so my serving size is a bit of a guess. We had it with salads on really hot days, then in sandwiches to finish it off. I remember being so excited when it was first made, then happy to see the end of it until next year;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients except vinegar in a large stockpot with just enough water to cover.
- 2Simmer for 3 hours.
- 3When cooked, strain the liquid, remove ALL the bones, and chop the meat finely.
- 4Add the vinegar to the strained liquid, season to taste.
- 5Place the chopped meat in wet moulds, pour the liquid over, cover with cling wrap and allow to set.
- 6Serve with salads, or as a sandwich filling.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potted Meat
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.0
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 169.0 mg
- Sodium 570.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 54.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: