Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An Australian Weight Watchers recipe. Core plan, or 5.5 points per serve. Note that Australian points are not quite equal to US ones.
- cooking spray
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125 g lean bacon, sliced, all fat removed
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 150 g snow peas, thinly sliced
- 400 g cooked medium prawns, shelled and de-veined
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Spray a hot non-stick wok with oil spray. Pour in eggs. Swirl to cover the base of the wok and cook until set. Remove from the wok. Roll up and slice. Set aside.
- Spray the wok again and add bacon, stir-frying for 4 to 5 minutes until golden. Add the green onions, garlic and snow peas and stir-fry a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the prawns to the wok along with the rice, egg, and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until hot.
- Serve immediately.
Really good made this today I omitted the peas as we don't like them and added chicken instead and added more soya sauce.Thanks.
Excellent! I am always on the lookout for WW recipes and this was a keeper, thanks! I made a couple of of subs - I added cooked chicken breast (I added the points for that!!) and did not add peas but added red peppers instead......I also added a teapoon of tumeric for colour! A very tasty lunch dish with low points - thanks Gingernut! FT:-)
Mmmm....can you hear my munching?...mmmm...this is SO good! I'm in the middle of finishing up the last few nibbles! I love it, loveit, LOVEIT! Subbed chives for the green onion (wish I had some, as they would definitely be right!) and orzo for the rice--because I LOVE orzo!!!. Left the peas out mainly because I'm not that fond of 'em, and don't have snowpeas or pods...but I can certainly IMAGINE their sweetness being very delightful! KEEPER!!!! *Made for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap ~ Summer 2007*