1/4 Photos of Prawn and Mandarin Salad
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living issue 12 2007. Preparation does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (fresh)
- 250 g prawns (raw, peeled, deveined, tails left on, I prefer off)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 40 g salad leaves (mixed)
- 2 mandarin oranges (peeled and segmented or 220 grams container mandarin segments in natural juice, drained)
- 1 red capsicum (or green or yellow cut into short strips, bell pepper)
- 1/4 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 slices bread, to serve (low gi recommended)
- 1In a small screw-top jar shake the orange juice, lime juice, Tabasco sauce and pepper to combine.
- 2Place 2 tablespoons of the citrus mixture into a medium bowl and add the prawns and toss to coat.
- 3Cover and put into the fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
- 4Meanwhile if using wooden skewers, soak them in cold water for 30 minutes and then drain.
- 5To make the dressing, in a small jug whisk the remaining citrus mixture, red wine vinegar, olive oil and sesame oil to combine. Set aside.
- 6Preheat a barbecue grill or plate on medium.
- 7Thread the prawns onto wooden or metal skewers, leaving 0.5cm between each prawn. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- 8In a large bowl toss the salad leaves, mandarin, capsicum (bell pepper), and red onion.
- 9Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- 10Divide the salad among serving plates and top with the prawn skewers.
- 11Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with the bread.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn and Mandarin Salad
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.7
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 157.5 mg
- Sodium 973.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: