Kate in Katoomba's Note:
This is a lovely salad, perfect for a main course for a summer lunch. Serve with good French bread and a green salad. I always add more prawns.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the rice in boiling, slated water until just tender.
- 2Drain, and rinse well in cold water. Shake well to remove any excess water.
- 3Combine oil, lemon juice and herbs and season well.
- 4Mix this dressing into the rice, whilst the rice is still warm. Leave to cool.
- 5Chop spring onions and capsicum finely.
- 6Cover tomatoes with boiling water and leave for a couple of minutes. Drain water and remove tomato skins. Chop finely.
- 7Add prawns to the tomato, onion and capsicum and then mix well with the rice.
- 8Pile on to a serving dish and scatter chopped parsley over the top.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn and Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.2
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 325.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: