A very tasty creamy pasta dish, good for cooking when you have company. Be careful though, you may have too much fettucine per sauce quantity so if this is the case, do not use all the fettucine as it will take away the richness of the sauce. Another alternative is to use rice as the base rather than the pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 750 g peeled uncooked large shrimp
- 1 bunch spring onion, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150 -200 ml thickened cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or 1/4 cup fish stock or 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, mixed with
- cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- 300 -500 g fresh fettuccine
- fresh parmesan cheese, to serve on top fettuccine pasta
- 4 -6 dinner rolls, oven baked
- 1Put fettucine on to boil in water with some oil and salt. Should not take long to cook.
- 2In a large frying pan, saute onion garlic and spring onions until soft.
- 3Add prawns and toss through until cooked.
- 4Add white wine and stock and mix through.
- 5Add cream slowly, mixing through until you get desired quantity but not too much otherwise it will taste of all cream.
- 6Add cornflour to thicken the cream sauce.
- 7Check fettucine is ready and drain if ready.
- 8Add more crushed garlic to cream sauce if you think it needs more.
- 9Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10In a large dish add hald fettucine and half the sauce and mix through. Then add the other half of the fettucine and the other half of the sauce and mix through.
- 11Serve with grated or shaved parmesan cheese on top and warm oven baked dinner rolls.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn Fettuccine in White Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.7
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 344.5 mg
- Sodium 1255.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 38.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: