Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Something I kind of created with whatever I had in the kitchen when guest turned up without warning. After the meal, they were so impressed, they actually asked for the recipe. Try it, easy to prepare, and great tasting. WARNING: Have some crusty bread to mop up the delicious sauce.
- 9 medium prawns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken stock powder (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1⁄3 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- enough cooked angel hair pasta, to feed 3 (or any pasta)
- Shell the prawns (Do keep the head and shell of the prawns).
- Melt butter in the saucepan.
- Sauté garlic and onion till it is nice and fragrant, slightly browned.
- Add oregano, the tomatoes and basil, continue to sauté.
- Add the prawn heads and shell into saucepan, sauté till the shell turns pink.
- Add the hot water, Jack Daniels and chicken powder stock (in that order).
- Cover the saucepan, and let this simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add the shelled prawns into the broth and let it simmer till the prawns turn pink.
- Add garlic salt to taste.
- Turn off heat, and add the chopped cilantro into the broth/sauce.
- Divide the cooked angel hair pasta into three plates.
- Pour the sauce equally into the three plates of pasta, and toss.
- Place 3 prawns at the top of each plate.
- Serve immediately.
This was excellent and I will be making this again. I couldn't find any prawns so I used one pound of shrimp instead. Thank you so much for sharing.