Something I kind of created with whatever I had in the kitchen when guest turned up without warning. After the meal, they were so impressed, they actually asked for the recipe. Try it, easy to prepare, and great tasting. WARNING: Have some crusty bread to mop up the delicious sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 medium prawns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken stock powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- enough cooked angel hair pasta, to feed 3 (or any pasta)
- 1Shell the prawns (Do keep the head and shell of the prawns).
- 2Melt butter in the saucepan.
- 3Sauté garlic and onion till it is nice and fragrant, slightly browned.
- 4Add oregano, the tomatoes and basil, continue to sauté.
- 5Add the prawn heads and shell into saucepan, sauté till the shell turns pink.
- 6Add the hot water, Jack Daniels and chicken powder stock (in that order).
- 7Cover the saucepan, and let this simmer for 20 minutes.
- 8After 20 minutes, add the shelled prawns into the broth and let it simmer till the prawns turn pink.
- 9Add garlic salt to taste.
- 10Turn off heat, and add the chopped cilantro into the broth/sauce.
- 11Divide the cooked angel hair pasta into three plates.
- 12Pour the sauce equally into the three plates of pasta, and toss.
- 13Place 3 prawns at the top of each plate.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn Pasta With a Kick from Jack
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.6
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 43.0 mg
- Sodium 180.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g