1 hr 10 mins
I found this in Delicious Magazine. I'd like to make it over Christmas. Aus tablespoon is 4 teaspoons. Serves 6 as an appetiser.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 small red fresh chili pepper, finely minced
- 425 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1Tomato Jam:.
- 2Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium high heat then add the ginger and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- 3Add the vinegar, brown sugar and chilli and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes, until the sugar dissolves.
- 4Stir in the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cook on low at a simmer for 30-35 minutes until thick. Stir in the honey and cool to room temperature (Makes 1 cup).
- 6In a large bowl, mix together the lime juice, fish sauce and sugar, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- 7Peel and cube the avocados, then add to the dressing along with the prawns and coriander. Toss gently to combine.
- 8Fill the lettuce leaves with the mixture, then top with sour cream and tomato jam. Serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top South West Pacific Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All South West Pacific Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn (Shrimp) and Avocado Lettuce Cups With Tomato Jam
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.8
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 1102.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 6.6 g