1/3 Photos of Prawn ( Shrimp ) Rougaille
I saw this made today on Food Safari during a program featuring the food of Mauritius. The sauce is supposedly eaten at least twice a day so I'm imagining it is used with other seafoods, meats and as a condiment. I really want to try this with my home grown tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg king prawns, peeled but heads and tails left on
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped, divided for use
- 1/2 cup white wine, divided for use
- 500 g tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- olive oil, extra drizzle
- 2 sprigs thyme leaves
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 2 red chilies or 2 green chilies, hot ones finely chopped
- pepper, extra for seasoning prawns
- 1/2 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1Heat oil over medium heat and add onions, 1/2 of the garlic and cook until golden. Pour in 1/2 of the wine to soften onions.
- 2Add tomatoes and cook for a few minutes over high heat to reduce.
- 3Stir in salt, pepper, paprika, cumin and a drizzle of olive oil.
- 4Add thyme, parsley and chillies.
- 5In a separate frypan, fry remaining garlic in oil. Add prawns, season with pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- 6Pour in remaining wine to deglaze pan.
- 7Return prawns to rougaille and stir through coriander.
- 8Serve with steamed white rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn ( Shrimp ) Rougaille
Serving Size: 1 (468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.3
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 315.0 mg
- Sodium 2011.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 36.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: