Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Refreshing prawn/shrimp salad with curry hazelnut dressing.
Make and share this Prawn (shrimp) Salad With Hazelnut Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 3 medium oranges, segmented
- 1 kg medium prawns, cooked (shrimp)
- 2 medium green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil, extra
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Combine sugar and water in medium pan, stir over heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in brandy and oranges, cool.
- Shell and devein prawns (I leave the tails intact).
- Combine prawns, capsicums, undrained oranges in large serving bowl.
- For Hazelnut dressing.
- Heat 1 T oil in small pan, add curry powder, cook, stirring until fragrant.
- Combine curry mixture, hazelnuts, extra oil, vinegar and sugar in small bowl, mix well.
- Pour dressing over prawn, oranges and capsicums.