Great breakfast or brunch idea. The capsicum stays fairly crisp so if you prefer it softer pre-cook while heating the oven. While eating I thought red onion would also make a good addition so have listed that as an optional ingredient.
- Pre-heat over to 180C / 350°F.
- Trim excess fat from prosciutto and lay into small lightly greased ramekin dish with fat end at the bottom and other end laying out to the side.
- Crack egg into dish and carefully, top with diced capsicum and pepper (and onion if using) and fold prosciutto over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes for fairly soft yolks, around 20 if you like them firmer.
- Serve over a slice of toast.
Excellent recipe. I made six of these for brunch and they were a huge hit. Used both onion and the capsicum, and sprinkled on a bit of dill as well. My oven is waiting for a replacement part so I had to cook these on fan-forced, so I should have cut back even more on the time. Fifteen minutes gave a firm result. Pics are before and after baking.
Aussie Swap #82: This breakfast recipe was outstanding! I love the crisp pepper and salty prosciutto with the egg - delicious!
What a super dish Peter. Super tasting, super easy and super quick. I love eggs, prosciutto, sweet onions and red peppers. Great flavor and textures, I'll be enjoying this often. It was tailor made for me. What a lovely breakfast treat. I can't believe I haven't tried this before now. Thanks for sharing another winner.