Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another good looking Barley recipe from Taste
Make and share this Prosciutto, Mushroom and Barley Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 slices prosciutto, finely chopped
- 200 g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 3⁄4 cups pearl barley
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1⁄3 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until leek has softened. Add prosciutto and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp.
- Add barley. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until coated. Add stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 25 minutes or until barley is almost tender. Remove lid. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until barley is tender and liquid has absorbed. Remove from heat. Season with pepper. Stir through parmesan and 1/4 cup parsley. Serve with remaining parsley.