From James Reeson Alive and Cooking. A good way to use up scraps of puff pastry, I've listed 1/2 sheet of puff pastry cut into strips but James used some scraps that he had frozen from other recipes and thawed them. Times are estimated. Please also note that in Australia pre-rolled pastry sheets are about 22/23 cm square.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lay out pastry trimmings if using or cut strips from the 1/2 sheet.
- Place the banana down on top of pastry.
- Dust with icing sugar, then wrap the pastry around the length of the banana.
- Bake in pre-heated for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Caramel Sauce - in a saucepan, melt the butter and add the sugar and continue to stir until caramel consistency is achieved.