1/1 Photo of Pumpkin and Bacon Salad
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe comes from Rachael Ward (wife of Aussie actor Bryan Browne) She uses butternut pumpkin (or maybe you call it a squash) I prefer to use Kent with its denser texture and more intense flavour. Save time and cook the pumpkin and bacon at the same time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 kg pumpkin, cut into 1 . 5 cm cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 12 slices bacon or 12 slices pancetta, cut thin
- 2 (400 g) chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup coriander leaves, loosely packed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Lemon and Garlic Dressing
- 1Preheat oven to moderate (180c).
- 2Combine pumpkin, oil and garlic in a bowl; toss gently. Transfer to a shallow baking dish; roast uncovered for about 45 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool a bit.
- 3Place the bacon on a tray in a single layer and cook for 20 minutes (in the oven), or until crispy.
- 4Drain bacon, cool slightly then break into pieces.
- 6Combine the ingredients, whisk together well.
- 7Combine all ingredients with the dressing, season to taste with salt and plenty of pepper and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin and Bacon Salad
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.0
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 468.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 9.2 g