Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
A great, low-fat recipe from Australia's Slimming magazine. The recipe makes 6 strudels, so it's a great family meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180c.
- 2Then in a microwave safe bowl combine pumpkin & garlic & cook on high for 8 minutes until tender (or steam it if you like).
- 3Mash pumpkin/garlic mix, then combine that with the spinach & ricotta and season with salt, pepper & basil.
- 4Allow to cool slightly.
- 5Spray each sheet of pastry with the cooking spray & lay one on top of the other.
- 6Spread some filling in the centre of the top sheet.
- 7Fold in the shorter edges first, then fold the longest side over & carefully roll up.
- 8Repeat steps 6 & 7 with the others.
- 9Place on oven tray lined with baking paper & brush on some egg white.
- 10Sprinkle with sesame seeds & bake for 35 minutes, until they're golden & crisp.
- 11Serve with your favorite salad.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin, Basil & Ricotta Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.8
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 199.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 7.5 g