1 hr 15 mins
Dairy-free, and quite low in fat (more so, if you substitute the biscuit crust for a low-fat pastry!). Beautiful - I've just been enjoying a slice with my tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (250 g) packet whole wheat biscuits (I used Arnott's Shredded Wheatmeal)
- 150 g soy margarine
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (homemade is best)
- 300 g firm silken tofu, mashed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- 2Grease a 24cm spring-form tin- I use a light olive oil spray.
- 3In a blender or food processor, crush the biscuits to fine crumbs.
- 4Melt the margarine over gentle heat.
- 5In a medium bowl, add margarine to biscuit crumbs and combine well.
- 6Pour crumb mix into springform tin, press down evenly all over and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- 7While base is baking, beat eggs together with sugar till light and creamy.
- 8Add pumpkin puree, tofu, spices and soy milk.
- 9Blend or process pumpkin mix until smooth.
- 10Pour into springform tin, and bake for about 1 hour or until top is light brown and set (some cracks may form but this is ok).
- 11Allow to cool- best served at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (952 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2104.5
- Calories from Fat 1254
- Total Fat 139.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 1934.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 187.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 166.9 g
- Protein 37.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat biscuits