1/1 Photo of Pumpkin (Squash) & Spinach Salad
Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
Gourmet pizzas call for a special side salad - this nutty number goes well. Notes & tips: Prep: 10 mins (+ 30 mins cooling time) You can prepare this recipe to the end of step 6 up to 2 hours ahead. Continue from step 7 just before serving. Source: Australian Good Taste magazine - November 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- 3Place the pumpkin in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Gently toss until the pumpkin is well coated.
- 4Place in a single layer on the lined tray. Bake, turning once during cooking, for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with the sesame seeds. Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the seeds are lightly toasted. Remove from oven and set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- 6Combine the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, mustard and extra honey in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Place the pumpkin, spinach and pine nuts in a large bowl, drizzle with the dressing and gently toss until just combined.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin (Squash) & Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.7
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard