Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Gourmet pizzas call for a special side salad - this nutty number goes well. Notes & tips: Prep: 10 mins (+ 30 mins cooling time) You can prepare this recipe to the end of step 6 up to 2 hours ahead. Continue from step 7 just before serving. Source: Australian Good Taste magazine - November 2006
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the pumpkin in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Gently toss until the pumpkin is well coated.
- Place in a single layer on the lined tray. Bake, turning once during cooking, for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with the sesame seeds. Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the seeds are lightly toasted. Remove from oven and set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Combine the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, mustard and extra honey in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pumpkin, spinach and pine nuts in a large bowl, drizzle with the dressing and gently toss until just combined.
- Serve immediately.
I made this for a brithday party. Instead of using a dressing I caramlised onions and added caramelised almonds. It was a big hit and was the only salad that was demolished.
Delicious and very easy to make, I didn't change a thing in this recipe, everything was perfect. I love the sweetness of the pumpkins and the different textures, the crisp spinach added to the salad and the dressing was yummy. I think next time I will cook the pumpkin for about 20 mins or less as it was a little brown but still tasted yummy. Thank you Rhiannon&Matt.gauci