Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is great to freeze.
Make and share this Quick Chicken and Corn Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 leek, finely chopped (white part only)
- 1 cup small shell pasta, shapes
- 310 g creamed corn
- baby spinach leaves, to serve
- Place the chicken, stock and water in a large pan pan. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes over a medium to low heat. Transfer the chicken to a bowl, then strain stock into a jug or a bowl.
- Heat the oil in the pan over medium-low heat and add the onion, garlic, celery and leek and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the strained stock and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into small pieces. Add to the soup with the pasta and creamed corn and return to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer rapidly, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. You may need to add a little extra water if the soup becomes too thick.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- To serve, add a handful of sliced spinach to the base of each bowl and ladle over the hot soup. The heat will wilt the spinach.
Another great tasting soup to add to my ever growing collection. Love how easy it is to make. Other than using four cups of water and adding precooked pasta (that is what I happened to have on hand) made as posted with excellent results. The leek as always makes for that special flavor we love. Made for Auz/NZ recipe Swap. Thank you - we enjoyed, it is one that will see to repeats.
Made for Aus/NZ Make My Recipe Edition #7. This was excellent and very filling ~ a nice belly warmer on a cold night! Also, it was very quick and easy. Thanks for posting this Sonya! I will be making this again.
A nice quick soup for supper. We like our soup thick but this one is more like a casserole. when I make it again I will cut the pasta amount at least in half, one cup is really too much , it takes over the soup. It does have a nice flavour and we really loved the idea of servingit over the spinach. thanks for posting!