1/4 Photos of Quick Chicken and Corn Soup
This is great to freeze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chicken, stock and water in a large pan pan. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes over a medium to low heat. Transfer the chicken to a bowl, then strain stock into a jug or a bowl.
- 2Heat the oil in the pan over medium-low heat and add the onion, garlic, celery and leek and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the strained stock and bring to the boil.
- 3Meanwhile, cut the chicken into small pieces. Add to the soup with the pasta and creamed corn and return to the boil.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer rapidly, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. You may need to add a little extra water if the soup becomes too thick.
- 5Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 6To serve, add a handful of sliced spinach to the base of each bowl and ladle over the hot soup. The heat will wilt the spinach.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Chicken and Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.3
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 375.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets