1/6 Photos of Quick Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
Chef floWer's Note:
This recipe was given to me by a work mate. I used a cooked BBQ chicken which I brought from the supermarket; you can chop the chicken to what ever size you like. Broccoli, carrots and peas could be cooked on the stove top or in the microwave. Don't overcook vegetables they just need to still be semi crisp
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 roasting chickens (cooked, bones & skin removed then chopped, Use the whole chicken) or 1 roasted deli chicken (cooked, bones & skin removed then chopped, Use the whole chicken)
- 1 head broccoli, chopped to florets size
- 2 carrots, julienne
- 59.14 ml frozen peas
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 420 g cream of mushroom soup (equals to one can)
- 59.14 ml thickened cream (optional) or 59.14 ml heavy cream (optional)
- 1Preheat oven at 150oC/300oF/Gas Mark 2.
- 2Chop or pull apart cooked chicken and only place the flesh of the chicken into a large casserole dish (preferable with a lid) discard chicken bones, fat and skin.
- 3To cook broccoli and carrots, chop them as directed, put them in a microwave proof dish add 1/4 cups of water, cover with microwave proof with lid and cook for three minutes on high.
- 4Add broccoli, carrots, frozen peas, onion, cream of mushroom soup, mushrooms and cream in the casserole dish, mix well without mashing vegetables.
- 5Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- 6Serve with rice or plain pasta.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.6
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 869.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 20.6 g