Adapted from Delicious magazine. For Dave and I, we usually use 3 lamb racks with 4 cutlets on each and all the marinade and sauce (I don't halve it). Nice served with a sweet potato rosti or mash. Prep time includes 30 minutes marinating time.
- 40 ml fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60 ml sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 20 ml peanut oil
- 6 frenched lamb racks, 4 cutlets on each
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar, grated
- 40 ml peanut oil
- 60 ml rice vinegar
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 20 ml fish sauce
- 2 small red chilies, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced on diagonal
- 2 cups fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Combine all marinade ingredients and rub over lamb.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Transfer lamb to a baking tray and roast for 15-20 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- To make the chilli-mint sauce, combine all ingredients and serve immediately over the lamb rack.