Mint and lamb are made for each other! I found this in an Aussie magazine, and it looks pretty good to me.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place the lamb on a rack in a baking dish.
- Place the mint, garlic, vinegar and sugar in a food processor and work until a paste forms.
- Add the olive oil slowly to the mixture adding a little more if the mixture seems too thick-if the mixture seems too runny, add a few more mint leaves.
- Season to taste.
- Coat the lamb with the mint paste and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Minted Pea Puree: Place the potato in a saucepan and boil until tender.
- Add the peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Drain and place in food processor along with butter and mint leaves.
- Pulse for a short time so mixture is smooth, but with a little texture.
- Serve with the lamb.
Love your lamb recipes Jan and this was no exception. Unfortunately I had already planned to use the last fava beans from the garden so I didn't make your minted pea puree - that's for another time. The mixture for toping the lamb adds great flavor - definitely a do again recipe. This was made for our Thanksgiving dinner and I give thanks for choosing it