1/5 Photos of Rack of Lamb with Toasted Hazelnut Butter
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
Nut Allergy Alert. To serve to fewer people, roast only 2 racks of lamb. Cut the mustard and salt in half. Freeze the remaining hazelnut butter for another time to use with more lamb, steamed green beans or asparagus. Prep. time includes 1 hour refrigeration to harden hazelnut butter.This recipe is also delicious cooked on outdoor grill. Ensure your coals are medium hot, and gas grill hot. Preheat shallow pan on grill, as well. Then follow roasting recipe as described. Serve with a Cabernet Sauvignon Shiraz.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat Oven to 450 degrees F (230C).
- 2Toast hazelnuts in dry, heavy skillet for 5 to 8 minutes or until they become fragrant.
- 3Place in clean towel and rub to remove some of the skins.
- 4Puree to smooth paste, in food processor or blender with butter and hot pepper flakes.
- 5Form into 1-inch (2. 5 cm) cylinder and wrap in waxed paper.
- 6Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- 7(Freeze for up to 2 months, if making ahead).
- 8Set shallow roast pan in preheated oven and allow pan to get hot.
- 9Mix mustard with salt and coat lamb well.
- 10Place racks in hot pan, fat side up and roast for 10 minutes.
- 11Reduce heat to 350F (180C) and roast an additional 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 130F (54C).
- 12Transfer to cutting board and let stand, covererd with tent of foil, for about 5 minutes.
- 13Carve between ribs and top each chop with slice of hazelnut butter.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rack of Lamb with Toasted Hazelnut Butter
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.2
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 595.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: