An Australian recipe winner from Paul Greene NSW.
Make and share this Rainforest Roast Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 green capsicum, sliced
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 (400 g) packet hokkien noodles
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons spicy davidson's plum sauce
- 12 snow peas
- 1⁄4 red cabbage (shredded)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground lemon myrtle
- 2 shallots, chopped (garnish)
- Stir fry chicken strips with onion, ginger, garlic and 1 tbsp oil until the chicken's cooked. Then remove.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp oil, capsicum and carrot; cook slightly then add the hokkien noodles, soy sauce, Davidson plum sauce and cooked chicken.
- Cook until noodles are hot then add snow peas, red cabbage and lemon myrtle, stir through. Garnish with shallots and serve.