These are beaut bikkies, Little Miss (DD) and I enjoy making them together. This is found in "Australia Good Taste - The Magazine from Woolworths" September 2006 edition.
- 95 g raisins
- 1 cup cold water
- 115 g butter, at room temperature
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 115 g plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 g rolled oats
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4/Moderate.
- Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the raisins in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over low heat and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until just heated through. Set aside for five minutes to cool. Drain.
- Meanwhile, use an electric beater to beat together the butter, caster sugars and brown sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Stir in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder until combined. Add the raisins, oats and chocolate bits and combine.
- Spoon 1 tablespoonful quantities of mixture onto the lined trays, allowing room for spreading.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- For a crisper finish, cook these biscuits for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.