1/2 Photos of Raisin and Choc-Chip Oat Biscuits / Cookies
Chef floWer's Note:
These are beaut bikkies, Little Miss (DD) and I enjoy making them together. This is found in "Australia Good Taste - The Magazine from Woolworths" September 2006 edition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 95 g raisins
- 1 cup cold water
- 115 g butter, at room temperature
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 115 g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 g rolled oats
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4/Moderate.
- 2Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- 3Place the raisins in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over low heat and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until just heated through. Set aside for five minutes to cool. Drain.
- 4Meanwhile, use an electric beater to beat together the butter, caster sugars and brown sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and cinnamon.
- 5Stir in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder until combined. Add the raisins, oats and chocolate bits and combine.
- 6Spoon 1 tablespoonful quantities of mixture onto the lined trays, allowing room for spreading.
- 7Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 8For a crisper finish, cook these biscuits for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raisin and Choc-Chip Oat Biscuits / Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1021 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.6
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 38.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 1.0 g