Easy pudding with waffles covered with raspberries and white chocolate. Great served with ice cream.
- Preheat oven to 170 C (340F).
- Butter a medium oven proof dish.
- Cut waffles into 2cm (1 inch) cubes.
- Place 1/2 waffles in the dish.
- Top with 1/2 raspberries and 1/2 chocolate.
- Repeat layers.
- Whisk together sugar, flour, eggs, rind, vanilla and cream.
- Pour over waffles and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes until golden.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with cream or ice-cream.
This is a good, simple dessert that goes really well with ice cream when it's warm from the oven. I used a bag of frozen mixed berries and made my own waffles. It was less sweet overall than I thought it might be. Thanks for sharing!
This is so good! I cut the recipe in half, since there's only 2 of us. I used 2 eggs and instead of the thickened cream I subbed half/half. Lovely aroma and a hint of lemon is just right. Made for ZWT 3. :)
Jewelies, what a delicious dessert! The aroma as it cooked was heavenly, and we could barely wait for it to get done. I wasn't exactly sure what thickened cream was, but I used heavy whipping cream. I served this topped with some vanilla ice cream. Very yummy!