1/3 Photos of Raspberry Bread & Butter Pudding
1 hr 10 mins
I found this recipe amongst my mum's magazine clippings from the 80's, I haven't tried it yet but it looks & sounds fantastic! I guess you could use fresh raspberries instead of frozen if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a 6 cup capacity ovenproof dish.
- 2Preheat oven to 180c/350 degrees F.
- 3Combine milk, cream& sugar in pan- stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved.
- 4Once sugar has dissolved, bring to the boil, remove from heat; stir in essence.
- 5Cover, stand 10 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, cut crusts from bread.
- 7Butter slices on one side; cut each slices into four triangles.
- 8Overlap triangles in prepared dish; top with raspberries.
- 9Whisk eggs until combined; gradually whisk in milk mixture.
- 10Strain mixture, then pour over bread.
- 11Place dish in a large baking dish, add enough boiling water to come halfway up sides of baking dish.
- 12Sprinkle on almonds and dust with icing sugar.
- 13Bake uncovered in oven about 45 minutes or until just set.
- 14Serve warm with extra raspberries.
- 15*Bestmade just before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Bread & Butter Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.8
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 258.9 mg
- Sodium 473.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 14.7 g