Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is such a great cake even though it uses a packet cake mix to make it up. I have made it several times and it is always popular. The recipe came from the website Taste.com.au.
- Preheat oven to 200degC or 180degC if fan forced (400degF or 350degF). Grease a deep 20cm (8") cake tin and line base with baking paper.
- Place cake mix (don't use the cinnamon topping sachet that comes in tea cake mix in Australia), eggs, butter and sour cream in a large bowl and mix on low speed until ingredients are moistened, then increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Stir through choc bits (I sometimes leave these out and it is still great) and pour into prepared tin and sprinkle evenly with frozen raspberries, pressing them gently into cake mixture.
- Bake 1 hour or until cake is cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire cake rack.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.