4 hrs 10 mins
From Super Food Ideas. Made these for our Christmas dessert and they went down a treat. Although these are made in individual cups you could just as easily make this as one dish (like traditional trifle). For this recipe you will need 12 x 285ml capacity glasses (10 fl ounces) Please note 1 Australian Tablespoon = 4 teaspoons. Cooking time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup blackberry liqueur (cassis)
- 1/3 cup sugar syrup (you can use Bartender's Sugar Syrup)
- 300 ml thickened cream, whipped
- 330 g Maltesers, crushed (chocolate covered malt balls)
- 2 (250 g) jam swiss roll (small jam or jelly filled swiss roll)
- 600 g raspberries
- 1To make French Custard: Place egg yolks, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- 2Add cornflour and flour and stir with whisk until well combined.
- 3Add milk 1/4 cup at a time while whisking constantly.
- 4Transfer mixture to saucepan and cook, over a medium heat for 10 - 12 minutes or until custard comes to the boil, remove from heat.
- 5Transfer custard to large bowl, cover with baking paper and refrigerate until cold.
- 6Combine cassis and sugar syrup and set aside.
- 7Remove custard from fridge (when cooled) and stir till smooth, add cream and maltesers and fold until just combined.
- 8Cut each rollette into 4 rounds, arrange 2 pieces in the base of each glass.
- 9Drizzle with a teaspoon of cassis/sugar syrup mix.
- 10Spoon over 1 1/2 Tbsp of custard mixture, top with a few raspberries.
- 11Repeat layers two more times, reserving remaining raspberries.
- 12Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- 13When ready to serve, top with remaining raspberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Trifle Cups
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.8
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 81.9 mg
- Sodium 32.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jam swiss roll