1 hr 30 mins
I made ratatouille for my DIL the other night. She mentioned her mum used to make it with meatballs in it so this is my take on that recipe. I got further inspiration from **Mandy**s Baked Vegetable Ratatouille. We usually eat most of the dish and then take the leftovers (cold) the following day for a picnic as we fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2 in dice
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2 in dice
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 (440 g) can tomatoes, chopped and juice included
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil, extra
- juice of half a lemon
- 1Combine the first 6 ingredients, mixing well. Form into 12 small meatballs.
- 2Heat a frying pan over medium heat and cook meatballs until browned all over and cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- 3Combine remaining ingredients (except extra basil and lemon juice) in an ovenproof dish, push the meatballs amongst the vegetables.
- 4Preheat your oven to 350f/190c. Place in the oven and cook for half an hour, stir and cook a further hour or until the vegetables are tender.
- 5Sprikle with the extra basil and lemon juice, check the seasonings and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ratatouille Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (826 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.9
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 81.2 mg
- Sodium 213.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.8 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 33.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs