Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
From Hueys Kitchen. I saw him make this today and thought it to be a simple and refreshing salad. Allow 1 minute for cooking, massaging the salad.
- 500 g button mushrooms (wiped clean and finely sliced)
- 1 fennel bulb (woody centre removed and finely sliced)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- sea salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (a splash was specified)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated or shaved)
- Toss the mushrooms, fennel and parsley with seasonings and then add the oil and lemon juice and massage gently in with your hands.
- Serve the salad with parmesan sprinkled on top.
Refreshing surprise! I made half the recipe and we each had a huge salad. We had always loved fennel seeds in our Italian food, but this was our first time with fresh fennel. I wasn't sure what to expect. The fennel added that distinctive anise/licorice flavor to a heavily mushroomed salad. We both remarked that in this salad the salt and pepper were not optional, they were essential to the taste experience. It didn't hurt that I used Grana Padana parmesan cheese, but that was a background flavor. Thanks for sharing! Made for Spring Photo Tag.
Now this salad it great, we thought, & I particularly liked the raw mushrooms in it! My other half sprinkled on more of the Parmesan cheese so we were both satisfied with it! Well worth making again! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]