I made these fritters as an appetizer tonight. I think they'd be good as a brunch or light lunch also. very tasty and very colourful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (310 g) can whole sweet corn
- 1 zucchini, grated (about 150g)
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, very finely diced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (I use a dry pan and shake them over a low heat until they begin to go golden)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- plenty fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1Mix all the fritter ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 2Heat the oil in a large pan over medium to hot heat.
- 3Drop heaped tablespoons of mixture into the hot oil, and flatten the fritters a little.
- 4Cook for about 5 minutes, then turn over carefully and repeat for a further 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- 5Drain on absorbent paper, and keep them warm whilst you cook any remaining fritters.
- 6Serve with the minted yoghurt on the side.
- 7MINTED YOGHURT: Mix all the ingredients together and serve in a small bowl alongside the fritters.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ready, Set, Cook Veggie Fritters With Minted Yoghurt
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.2
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 108.3 mg
- Sodium 64.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 10.5 g