Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made these fritters as an appetizer tonight. I think they'd be good as a brunch or light lunch also. very tasty and very colourful.
- 1 (310 g) canwhole sweet corn
- 1 zucchini, grated (about 150g)
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, very finely diced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (I use a dry pan and shake them over a low heat until they begin to go golden)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- plenty fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted, then lightly crushed (I do these in a dry pan, over low heat for a couple of minutes, until they release their fragrance)
- 200 ml natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 pinch red chili powder (optional)
- Mix all the fritter ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium to hot heat.
- Drop heaped tablespoons of mixture into the hot oil, and flatten the fritters a little.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, then turn over carefully and repeat for a further 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Drain on absorbent paper, and keep them warm whilst you cook any remaining fritters.
- Serve with the minted yoghurt on the side.
- MINTED YOGHURT: Mix all the ingredients together and serve in a small bowl alongside the fritters.